Your big opportunity may be right where you are now”
~ Napoleon Hill
WELCOME… You have embarked on an excellent opportunity to add value to your personal and professional lives. My name is Stephanie Thompson and I am the Quality Management Division’s (QMD) Vice Chair of Students. I started my journey in ASQ as a Student Member, which has opened up so many doors and opportunities galore! While I was a student at Arizona State University, I found value in the resources and information from ASQ that contributed significantly to my research. The real Magic of Quality was unleashed before my very eyes during my first ASQ World Conference…
· For those who are ready to experience the Magic of Quality for themselves… QMD will pay for the conference registration fees of all QMD student members who attend WQCI and/or TCC conferences. See CONFERENCE SPONSORSHIP below
· For those who want assistance with travel arrangements, see CREATIVE TEAM TRAVEL below.
· For those who aspire to be published and be eligible for a $500 scholarship by being published in a QMD journal or newsletter, see PUBLICATION SCHOLARSHIP
· For those who want to participate in mentorship, see QMD MENTORSHIP PROGRAM below
“All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual”
~ Albert Einstein
As we strive to meet the needs and serve our student members, we value your feedback and ideas to further support both students and faculty. We want to learn about you and your view on how we can help to facilitate knowledge transfer and personal and professional development for the future of quality.
CALL TO ACTION… Now is your opportunity to be a Quality Connection and catalyst for Next Generation Quality Connections:
1. All members:
a. Share the information with students in your communities, family, and friends.
b. Share ideas that you have to collaborate
2. Provide feedback and Voice of the Customer by completing survey below
a. Student https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M3M8GYM
b. Faculty https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MPPKT3X
c. Section leaders https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MZHVTR7
a. Get involved in student projects with QMD
i. Connecting student branches and student members
ii. Training modules
iii. Student Branch Toolkit
iv. Join the leadership team as a deputy
v. Share your innovative ideas
Comments, questions, concerns, and ideas please contact Stephanie Thompson, QMD VC Students
Please, make today the best day ever!
“Today knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement”
~ Peter Drucker
The World Conference on Quality and Continuous Improvement (WQCI) will be in Nashville, TN from May 4-6. The Technical Communities Council (TCC) conference will be in Orlando, FL in October. To register for WQCI:
1. Register as a student member for the reduced rate of $95. http://asq.org/wcqi/
2. After you register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you will be attending.
3. At the conference, stop by the QMD booth to introduce yourself to the team and sign the student list.
4. QMD will reimburse your student registration fee of $95 in full
CREATIVE TEAM TRAVEL
We value the diversity our student members add to the voice of quality and are willing to consider assisting with creative team travel such as taking a road trip to experience first-hand the Magic of Quality with a group of students from your community. Creative ideas are welcome on how to facilitate student attendance and establish Quality Connections. For more information, email email@example.com.
The opportunity you've been waiting for to be published is here! QMD is offering a scholarship of $500 to each student who writes and submits an article that is accepted for publication in QMD’s Forum or eblast. This opportunity is extended to faculty in the form of a $500 honorarium. The Quality Management Forum is a peer-reviewed journal that is published quarterly and viewed by 40,000 quality professionals. The eblast is a monthly newsletter which goes out to all QMD members globally. Please see How To Get Published: http://www.asq-qmd.org/how-to-get-published.
QMD MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
The students of today are the quality leaders of tomorrow. We believe that it is imperative to support the next generation of quality leaders on such a transformational journey. We have subject matter experts eager to serve as mentors/Quality Connections to share knowledge and support students. The mentoring process is time based and subject focused. If you are interested in embracing the opportunity to be a mentor or mentee do not hesitate to let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.