Supply Chain Management Content
- Define and develop selection criteria such as rating programs, external certification standards, etc., and identify and manage their impact on various internal processes of the organization.
- Design and implement techniques for communicating with suppliers including scheduled meetings, routine and emergency reporting procedures, presenting explicit expectations, confirming awareness of criticality, etc.
- Define and describe common measures of supplier performance (e.g., quality, price, delivery, service levels) and metrics (e.g., defect rates, functional performance, timeliness, responsiveness, availability of technical support).
- Design and conduct supplier audits, evaluate corrective and preventive action plans, provide feedback, and monitor for process improvement.
Supplier Certification, Partnerships, and Alliances
- Design and implement supplier certification programs, including process reviews and performance evaluations, and identify strategies for developing customer-supplier partnerships and alliances.
- Describe the impact purchased products and services have on final product assembly or total service package, including ship-to-stock, just-in-time (JIT), etc.
Supply Chain Management CMC Papers and Presentations
Supply Chain Management CMC Tools